Monday, May 28, 2012

5-28-2012: Dokken - Standing on the Outside

I love me some new Dokken!  When this album came out, I was blown away.  I had wanted catchy, melodic music out of at least one of my favorite 80s bands since I had become hooked on that music in the 90s.  Well, as we all know, many 80s bands turned shitty or weird in the 90s and Dokken was right there with such crap as Shadowlife and Dysfunctional.  They made a good album with "Erase the Slate" in 1999, but it still wasn't quite the same.  This was a real return to form and it looks like they haven't looked back (I got to hear the sample of Burning Empire before they pulled it and it's BITCH!)


1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you. They hit it out of the park on this album. They totally recaptured their sound of the 80's. Now if only Don could actually sing this stuff Live without sounding like crap. Let's hope the upcoming album is at least this good.

    ReplyDelete